Wednesday, December 3, 2014

PRINT MIX MONDAY








h&m tee (old) - similar here and here
asos skirt (on sale!)
bcbg paris heels
urban outfitter sunglasses
similar clutch
stella and dot bracelet
michael kors watch 

PHOTOGRAPHY BY JANA LAURENE

The more I mix prints, the braver I get. When I first started doing it a few years ago, I wore a tiny, almost unnoticeable print, mixed with another only slightly larger print. But now, the bolder the better, I say. If you're going to do it, just go for it. And this Asos floral skirt is just asking to be mixed up with some other big bold print, don't you think? It's one of my new favorites (and it's on sale here)!

Stripes are always my go-to when I print mix, since they go with absolutely everything, but polka dots and plaid are also two super easy patterns that are easy to throw in to any mix (in fact, I'm working on some plaid projects for the holidays, so you can bet there will be lots of plaid print mixing up in here). 

Over the weekend, we celebrated Halloween with my parents in town. We went trick or treating, swam at their hotel pool, visited the Discovery Cube science museum in Santa Ana, and I hosted our traditional frightening feast (all the leftover decor from our spooktacular soiree definitely came in useful!).  It was the funnest weekend, and the 30 degree temperature drop and torrential downpour of rain was the cherry on top. Hope you had a Happy Halloween weekend too!

p.s. I'll be sharing some holiday gift guides very soon, but if you're starting on your holiday shopping already, you can get 25% off at Old Navy with code SAVE through Wednesday, and Gap has 30% off regular priced items through today with code JOY! Go snag some Christmas jammies, or a few sweaters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment