Wednesday, December 31, 2014

FAMILY STYLE: SUMMER WEAR







 

PHOTOGRAPHY BY SARA WALK

on me:
old navy blouse, c/o
diy denim cut-offs
dv wedges
lily jade bag, c/o
target sunglasses

on B:
old navy tee, c/o
old navy jeans (diy cut-offs)
old navy flip flops
x
on F: 
old navy tee, c/o
gap shorts (girls section)
old navy flip flops

With the start of school last week, I'm kind of mourning the loss of summer. We had such a fun summer filled with activities and vacations, so although I'm thrilled to be back on a schedule, I am sad to see the constant fun come to an end. 

Out of all the trips we had during the summer, our family trip to Scottsdale with my in-laws was probably my very favorite. We stayed at the gorgeous Westin Kierland resort, and between the amazing pool (that was only 3 1/2 feet deep at the deepest part so our kids felt super safe), the lazy river and water slide, the Friday Food Trucks, and the amazing breakfast buffet, we were in heaven for two days. 

The only downside was the killer heat, so when we weren't in the pool we made sure to drink lots and lots of water, and also wear lightweight clothes so none of us got heat stroke. These tees for my boys from Old Navy were perfect because they are well made and durable so they hold their shape well and look nice, but they're also so comfortable and lightweight. And of course their Old Navy flip flops are my very favorite. So inexpensive, comfy, and durable -- they're a staple for my kids!

And as for me, I found this pretty printed Old Navy blouse and paired it with some cool denim cut-offs and a pair of wedges. Perfect for a casual dinner in the 100+ degree heat, but also easy to wear as we head into Fall!


A few more shots from our vacation, most of them from my instagram


Goodbye, summer -- we'll miss you!!

Also! I mentioned on Friday that some changes were coming, and another one (besides DIY Friday's) is that I'll be sharing a little bit of kid style a couple times a month, including a few sewing tutorials for kids clothes -- I can't wait to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment