Saturday, December 27, 2014

DIY FRIDAY: PUFFED HALF SLEEVE TUTORIAL









PHOTOGRAPHY BY JYLARE SMITH 

Welcome back to another round of DIY Friday! I'm excited to share an easy sleeve tutorial with you today!

As much as I love short sleeves, and even long sleeves, I think I like a half sleeve the very most. They're super flattering on everyone, and add a little feminine element to a shirt or dress. I've made a couple of pieces with these half sleeves (like this cobalt one I shared on instagram), so today for DIY Friday I want to show you how to make them. They're super easy, and it's a great pattern to have up your sleeve (pun intended) for shirts and dresses, or if you want to add sleeves to a sleeveless top or dress.

For this yellow dress, I used my Tee Dress as a base, and then change the sleeves to these puffed half sleeves and changed the shape of the dress to add a hint of swing. Super easy!




dress: made by me (tutorial below -- similar here)
similar heels
similar bag
similar sunglasses
michael kors watch



Click through to see the tutorial!

READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment