Monday, December 22, 2014

DIY FRIDAY: ADDING SLEEVES TO A SLEEVELESS DRESS (REFASHION TUTORIAL)


These weeks are flying by -- somehow it's time for another round of DIY Friday! Lulu*s sent me this dress a few months ago, and although I totally loved it, I don't wear sleeveless tops, so it was super annoying to have to wear a jacket or a sweater over it all the time. We've been having a crazy heat wave here as well, so layers were completely out of the question.

In an amazing stroke of good luck, I found a similar printed chiffon fabric at the LA fabric district, so I brought it home, lined it with some lightweight white cotton, and whipped up some sleeves for this dress. Now it's the perfect dress -- this silhouette is maybe my favorite ever for my body.

So today I want to show you have to make a simple sleeve to add to a sleeveless dress -- it's so easy! Keep reading to find the tutorial!







PHOTOGRAPHY BY JYLARE

lulu*s dress, c/o (no longer available -- similar here, here, and here) 
similar bag
chinese laundry heels
michael kors watch

Find the full tutorial after the jump!


READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment