Friday, December 26, 2014

6 WAYS TO STYLE A WHITE BUTTON UP (PART 1)


Whenever I read articles or books that talk about closet essentials, a white button up blouse is mentioned. I always felt like it was more of a mature item that I didn't really need in my closet, but a few weeks ago I finally picked this one up at Old Navy and I've been wearing it like crazy. It's the perfect layering piece, goes with everything, can instantly dress up or add class to an outfit, and is flattering on everyone. So I'm joining the masses and saying that this is a piece you must have in your closet.

Today I want to show you a few ways to wear it. Since I'm sharing six ways total, I'm splitting it up into two posts, so check back on Thursday to see three more ways to wear it!



First up, business casual. I get reader requests often, asking me to do more work appropriate attire, so this one is for you. Layer the button up under a structured blazer and pair it with pointed toe pumps and a classic style bag. If you want it completely work appropriate, swap the jeans out for a pair of patterned pixie pants!




similar blazer 
old navy button up
dittos jeans, /co
nordstrom bag, similar
bcbg paris heels via dsw
similar sunglasses


Next up, Casual. The way to dress down a structured piece is by wearing something completely opposite, whether it be edgy, super casual, or very unstructured.  I went for edgy and casual with a baseball cap and converse sneakers, and then paired them with some fun leather pants to add a bit of edge. Another great option would be a flowy maxi skirt like this one, or super distressed denim. 






old navy button up
sheinside leather pants, c/o
white converse
jcrew hat, similar
lily jade bag, c/o
michael kors watch

And lastly, wear it as a neutral. Or in other words, use it to tone down your crazy clothes. This skirt from Shabby Apple is super loud, colorful, and metallic -- definitely not subtle or neutral. So I threw on that white button up to neutralize the outfit. Try pairing it with super bright tights in the fall and winter, or with patterned pants or shorts! 






old navy button up 
shabby apple skirt, c/o
similar heels
similar clutch
michael kors watch

Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see my other three looks!

PICTURES BY JYLARE SMITH

No comments:

Post a Comment