Tuesday, November 25, 2014

UNEXPECTED COLOR COMBO: PASTELS AND JEWEL TONES









land's end wool coat, c/o
forever 21 sweater
old navy blouse, similar
dittos jeans, c/o
nordstrom bag, similar here
sole society boots
urban outfitter sunglasses

PHOTOGRAPHY BY SARA WALK

This season I'm obsessed with jewel tones and have added a few pieces in these rich colors to my wardrobe. This gorgeous deep purple wool coat is a recent addition to my closet and I cannot get enough of it. We don't have a huge need for thick winter coats in SoCal, but our evenings are finally cool enough to wear a coat so I've loved having this one to throw on for a bold splash of color. 

Typically I would pair a bold jewel tone with a neutral like black, white, or chambray, but this pastel pink furry sweater was calling my name from my closet, and the combination of pastel and jewel tone just worked so perfectly -- unexpected, but pretty, and so feminine. Then I grounded and completed the outfit a little bit with some distressed denim and black accessories. I think the pastel and jewel tone combination is a new favorite -- do you think you'd wear it? 

Oh, and wait! There's more amazing and unbelievably well made coats from Land's End -- check out my favorites in the widget below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment