Sunday, November 30, 2014

DIY FRIDAY: MAXI TO MIDI REFASHION








h&m maxi dress (in-store only) -- refashioned by me (similar options for sale here and here)
rock and republic heels, similar heels
nordstrom clutch, similar here (for under $30!)
asos sunglasses
stella and dot bracelet, c/o
michael kors watch 

PHOTOGRAPHY BY JANA LAURENE

I went on a crazy cobalt kick toward the end of the summer and this dress was one result of it. This dress used to be a sleeveless maxi dress, and I picked it up at H&M (in their basics section) for $15, I think, with plans to turn it into a midi sleeved dress with lace embellishments. But when I was done with the dress and tried it on to determine the lace placements, I loved it so much as is that I decided to leave the lace off altogether. 

This is a super easy and quick refashion, and one that I love doing (in fact, I did a very similar refashion right here). So if you're needing a weekend project, go snag a maxi dress (or use an old one in your closet), and get to work!

Click through for the full tutorial!

READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment