Saturday, November 29, 2014

EASY DIY FRINGE SCARF TUTORIAL










flannel from jo-ann's
similar chambray here and here
petunia pickle bottom bag, c/o
similar denim
similar boots
similar jacket here (under $30!) and here
urban outfitters sunglasses

PHOTOGRAPHY BY JANA LAURENE

With the holidays quickly approaching, I'm excitedly getting into the holiday spirit. I've begun buying a few things for my family, planning out all my holiday DIYs (which, of course, I can hardly wait to show you!), and even catch myself humming Christmas songs during the day! 

But before the holiday spending frenzy begins, I want to take a minute to reflect on one of the greatest parts of the season -- giving. Every year my little family makes an effort to help those less fortunate than we are, and this year I wanted to do a little something over here on the blog to help give back, even if it's just in a small way. So I teamed up with Target and TOMS to share an easy and fun DIY that you can make for friends and family, but also for the less fortunate so you can also give back this season! 

As you might know, TOMS gives a pair of shoes to someone in need for every one pair that is purchased, and this month they're coming to Target stores and expanding their One-for-One model to give a blanket, a week of meals, or a pair of shoes to someone in need for every TOMS for Target limited edition gift. After hearing about this program, I was inspired to make something to give back to those in my community who need help, so I'm making a bunch of these easy DIY Fringe Scarves and donating them to a local shelter to help a few extra people stay warm this year. And I'm encouraging you to do the same! 

(Just make a few extra and you can cross off a bunch of people on your list at the same time!)

click through to see the full tutorial!

READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment